A very robust tree best known as a very powerful stimulant, it can help fight bacteria, fungi and viruses.
- Used in vapour therapy, teatree can help with colds, measles, sinusitis, and viral infections. For skin and hair, teatree has been used to combat acne, oily skin, head lice and dandruff.
- Blends well with: cinnamon, clary sage, clove, geranium, lavender, lemon, myrrh, nutmeg, rosewood, rosemary, thyme.
- Aromatic scent: Teatree oil has a fresh, antiseptic and medicinal scent with mint and spice back-notes.
- The teatree is a small shrub with needle-like leaves. It can grow up to 7m and thrives in marshy areas, though now it is cultivated in plantations.
- History: Teatree oil has a long history of use in the aromatherapy field. In WW11, the producers of teatree oil were exempt from military service until enough oil had been accumulated. The oil was highly valued as it was issued to each soldier and sailor as part of their kit to treat tropical infections and infected wounds.
100% pure therapeutic grade, certified organic, BioGro. Botanical name: Melaleuca alternifolia. Plant part: leaves. Extraction method: steam distillation.
General safety information: Do not take any oils internally.
Do not apply undiluted essential oils, absolutes, CO2s or other concentrated essences onto the skin. If you are pregnant, epileptic, have liver damage, have cancer, or have any other medical problem, use oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner.
Use extreme caution when using oils with children and give children only the gentlest oils at extremely low doses. It is safest to consult a qualified aromatherapy practitioner before using oils with children. A skin patch test should be conducted prior to using an oil that you've never used before.